Locations: Omaha & Lincoln
Let's learn composition by taking photographs together! This 2-hour class is focused on a hands-on experience to enhance your learning.
Composition is one of the most important aspects of photography. Learning more about it will allow you to take better photographs with ANY camera and lens. Better composition will also help you enjoy photography more and allow you to take the photos that make your friends say: "WOW, how did you take that shot?"
In the first part of the Composition Deep Dive class we will:
- Look at some historical photographs, why they work, and how to "look" at photographs with a more critical eye.
- Study many compositional elements with comprehensive examples that clearly illustrate the methods at hand.
- You will receive a PDF file of all the compositional elements discussed in class so you can always refer back to them.
- Discuss and projects for you to engage with that will allow you to practice and improve.
In the second part of the Composition Deep Dive class we will:
- Walk around the camera store, the Legacy shopping location and/or Zorinsky Lake as a group to practice what we learned in the first part.
- Discuss composition in the field with the instructor giving you suggestions and pointing out examples of compositional elements in the field.
After the class, you are invited to send in some photos to the instructor to receive some feedback for your photos!
Who Should Take This Class?
This is for beginning to intermediate photographers who want to take better images! This is a FANTASTIC companion to the Photo Basics 101 class and will build on that class to help you engage more deeply with photography.
- Bring your fully charged camera, lenses and memory card ready to take some photographs!
*Attendees will be invited to the Rockbrook Camera EDU Facebook Group for continued education, conversation and community exclusive to Rockbrook Camera EDU students and instructors. It's a safe place to share, learn and grow!
About the Photography Learning Pathway:
Rockbrook Camera’s Photography Learning Pathway will guide students through four essential aspects of photography to efficiently use their camera equipment while creating beautiful photographs.
Developed by a professional photographer and teacher, the Learning Pathway will help build confidence and creativity and teach students to look at the world through a lens in a new way.
4 In-Person Courses - A total of 8 1/2 hours of instruction
1. Photo Basics (Photography 101)
2. Composition Deep Dive & Photo Walk (Photography 102)
3. Core Editing Concepts To Boost Your Photo Editing Skills (Photography 103)
4. Manual Mode Mastery (Photography 104)
Online support from Instructors through Rockbrook Camera's EDU Facebook Page
You must cancel this class 2 days prior to the start date for a full refund. Any cancellations within 2 days of the event will not be refunded since that class spot needs to be filled. If the class spot is filled, you will receive a full refund.
If you do not show up for an event you will not be refunded.
Inclement Weather Policy:
For most classes, we will conduct the event rain or shine. For dangerous weather conditions, we may cancel the event, and you will be notified of this by phone and email.
Minimum Enrollment Policy:
Classes have an enrollment threshold. If that enrollment is not met, the class will be canceled and you will receive a full refund. You will be notified by email and phone.
To cancel a class or to ask questions, call the store at 402-691-0003