Locations: Omaha & Lincoln
Price: $149 or discounted with Learning Pathway Ticket
If you've wanted to learn the exposure triangle and empower your photo taking abilities, THIS is the class! You'll learn it all here.
It's time to stop letting the camera make decisions and take control of your settings! In this 3-hour class, we will do a deep dive into taking complete control of your camera. You will walk away with more confidence and the complete freedom to take the exact photo you want to take in order to take your photography to the next level.
This is a hands-on course, and we'll deep dive into each setting to make sure you finally get the understanding you need to learn manual mode! The instructor will work with you individually on all the questions you might have for taking control of your photographs.
- How exposure is controlled by the shutter, aperture and ISO settings.
- How to control the look of motion in a photograph using shutter speed.
- How to control background blur by adjusting the aperture.
- How ISO controls the overall quality of an image and also allows you to photograph in darker lighting situations.
- A look at the in-camera light meter and histogram.
- The Pros and Cons of some of these settings.
- Considerations for different types of photography including landscapes, macro, portraits, and more.
- How to photograph in different lighting situations.
- Practice time! We'll make sure we photograph extensively using the full manual mode on your camera.
Who Should Take This Class?
This is for beginning photographers who want to finally take control of manual mode, or for those who need a refresher.
- Bring your own camera and lenses that you want to use. Make sure it's charged, and bring a pen and paper or computer to take notes with.
*Attendees will be invited to the Rockbrook Camera EDU Facebook Group for continued education, conversation, and community exclusive to Rockbrook Camera EDU students and instructors. It's a safe place to share, learn and grow!
Rockbrook Camera’s Photography Learning Pathway will guide students through four essential aspects of photography to efficiently use their camera equipment while creating beautiful photographs.
Developed by a professional photographer and teacher, the Learning Pathway will help build confidence and creativity and teach students to look at the world through a lens in a new way.
4 In-Person Courses - A total of 8 1/2 hours of instruction
1. Photo Basics (Photography 101)
2. Composition Deep Dive & Photo Walk (Photography 102)
3. Core Editing Concepts To Boost Your Photo Editing Skills (Photography 103)
4. Manual Mode Mastery (Photography 104)
Online support from Instructors through Rockbrook Camera's EDU Facebook Page
You must cancel this class 2 days prior to the start date for a full refund. Any cancellations within 2 days of the event will not be refunded since that class spot needs to be filled. If the class spot is filled, you will receive a full refund.
If you do not show up for an event you will not be refunded.
Inclement Weather Policy:
For most classes, we will conduct the event rain or shine. For dangerous weather conditions, we may cancel the event, and you will be notified of this by phone and email.
Minimum Enrollment Policy:
Classes have an enrollment threshold. If that enrollment is not met, the class will be canceled and you will receive a full refund. You will be notified by email and phone.
To cancel a class or to ask questions, call the store at 402-691-0003